Subject: Re: flist problems
To: None <brook@biology.nmsu.edu>
From: Luke Mewburn <lukem@NetBSD.org>
List: current-users
Date: 01/27/2004 11:08:31
--G5yIW5EaChZ5gJdA

On Mon, Jan 26, 2004 at 03:52:00PM -0700, brook@biology.nmsu.edu wrote:
  | I, too am having difficulty with the flist, but perhaps a somewhat
  | different one.  I'm trying to compile sets and sourcesets using
  | build.sh and the reachover facility for X11.  I have tried this a
  | number of times with fresh checkouts from CVS.  I consistently get
  | things like the following when building sets:
  |=20
  |      =3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D  3 extra files  =3D=3D=3D=3D=
=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D
  |      Files in DESTDIR but missing from flist.
  |      File is obsolete or flist is out of date ?
  |      ------------------------------------------
  |      ./usr/X11R6/lib/X11/XftConfig-OBSOLETE
  |      ./usr/share/man/cat4/acorn32/beep.0
  |      ./usr/share/man/man4/acorn32/beep.4
  |      =3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D  end of 3 extra files  =3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=
=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D
  |=20
  |=20
  |      *** Failed target:  checkflist
  |=20
  | The details of what is incorrect in flist vary from day to day, but
  | there always seems to be an incompatibility.

That's just version skew in your source tree.

Most likely what's happened is this:
	1. developer commits change to tree
	2. anoncvs syncs change
	3. developer commits change to sets in distrib/sets/lists
	4. you anoncvs update

so, even though the change in `3.' is in the master cvs repo, it
hasn't propagated to the anoncvs server yet.

When you get "flist errors", try cvs updating again and=20
building again.  If you still have problems after a few hours
and you have cvs updated your sources very recently, just send
a short message to current-users with the files that are
missing or extra as a reminder.

I think people are just unlucky when they cvs update to
get such version skew.

Try cvs updating again when

  | Also, building sourcesets, although it succeeds, never writes the X11
  | source sets.  Is that supposed to happen with the reachover stuff?

They haven't been added to the lists yet; thanks for the reminder.

Cheers,
Luke.

--G5yIW5EaChZ5gJdA

--G5yIW5EaChZ5gJdA--