Subject: Re: Vi still can't remove its own vi-recover files from NFS /var/tmp
To: NetBSD-current Discussion List <current-users@NetBSD.org>
From: Greywolf <greywolf@starwolf.com>
List: current-users
Date: 01/23/2004 11:49:55
Thus spake Greg A. Woods ("GAW> ") sometime Today...

GAW> Ah, of course, isatty().  OK, well that could make some sense -- though
GAW> I don't see any (obvious, i.e. with fgrep) isatty() call in the vi or
GAW> libc/stdio source (though I'm looking in my netbsd-1-6 tree, not in the
GAW> now long gone tree for the version I ktraced), nor is there any call to
GAW> tcgetattr() in either vi or libc/stdio.

vi itself is not likely to frob settings (it probably defers it
elsewhere); libc does contain both references and the definition for
tcgetattr().  However, where it is likely called is libcurses (vi?
curses?  make sense?).

				--*greywolf;
--
22 Ways to Get Yourself Killed While Watching 'The Lord Of The Rings':

#12: Every time someone kills an Orc, yell: "That's what I'm Tolkien about!"
    See how long it takes before you get kicked out of the theatre.