Subject: Re: bge(4) problem
To: Allen Briggs <briggs@wasabisystems.com>
From: Thor Lancelot Simon <tls@rek.tjls.com>
List: current-users
Date: 01/20/2004 00:06:34
On Sat, Jan 17, 2004 at 04:40:37PM -0500, Allen Briggs wrote:
> On Sat, Jan 17, 2004 at 09:21:30PM +0000, Matthias Scheler wrote:
> > I don't know but you could try to enable "ukphy" in your kernel configuration
> > which will attach to any PHY. This might (or might not) solve your
> > immediate problem.
>
> I think he said this was a fibre card, so I suspect the thing
> to try is gentbi instead of ukphy.

Actually, I'm not sure at all that fibre works with bge cards.  Jonathan
sent me some patches that smashed the software state machine from another
OS's bcm57xx driver into ours, but I was forced to replace the cards in
question to get a network going before I could test them for him.  Without
those, I'm pretty sure it won't work.

Thor