Subject: Re: NetBSD logo design competition
To: Chris Baird <cjb@brushtail.apana.org.au>
From: D'Arcy J.M. Cain <darcy@NetBSD.org>
List: current-users
Date: 01/18/2004 07:06:21
On January 18, 2004 05:17 am, Chris Baird wrote:
>  >   NET
>  >   BSD
>  >
>  > is nice and rectangular. Some fonts, a couple horns and we're set.
>
> I've always thought that the Beastie's trident was its most useful
> iconic feature, hence this:
>
>     http://hunter.apana.org.au/~cjb/netbsd-logo-attempts.png

I like the last one best.  However, the official capitalization of the
project's name is "NetBSD" so the stylized upper case 'E' isn't quite right.
I wonder if the trident can be incorporated into the 'D' instead, especially
since it is based on a reverse 'D' in any case.

While I am posting anyway, here's a me too vote for keeping the Beastie as the
mascot.  I think that we should change the Iwo Jima image to a simple Beastie
on the main page.  Perhaps we also need a new contest for main site artwork.

--
D'Arcy J.M. Cain <darcy@netbsd.org>
http://www.NetBSD.org/