Subject: Re: NetBSD logo design competition
To: None <maccult@pacbell.net>
From: Johan A.van Zanten <johan@giantfoo.org>
List: current-users
Date: 01/15/2004 17:40:14
Randy Beaudreault <maccult@pacbell.net> wrote:
> I say we plagirize the last lines of Emma Lazarus' "The New Colossus"
> with Beastie as the Statue of Liberty:

Wow! I really like this idea! Great image, and great original copy.  Of
course, the potential to offend even more people (cross-dressing, defiling
a national icon, etc.) is pretty large, but the mental image of a pair of
chucks peeking out from under the Daemon Statue's robes delights me.

  So i say to hell with easily offended people.

> Give me your tired, your poor,
> Your huddled masses yearning to breathe free,
> The wretched refuse of your teeming shore.
> Send these, the homeless, tempest-tossed, to me:
> I lift my lamp beside the golden door.

Give me your ancient, your obscure,
Your hard-booted machines, yearning to run free,
The random silicon refuse of your teeming machine rooms.
Send these, the unwanted, dumpster-tossed, to me:
I TFTP the kernel to the growing 'net.

 -johan