Subject: Re: NetBSD logo design competition (updated, with corrections)
To: None <current-users@NetBSD.org>
From: Ezra Story <ezy@panix.com>
List: current-users
Date: 01/14/2004 16:01:08
I figured the iwojima conotations would be the offensive part... I can
understand that a bit...  only a bit, might you.  I dont get the problem
with daemon at all.

I respectfully submit that instead of spending time to come up with
requirements that toss out a significant amount of brand history to
satisfy people's fragile constitutions', the netbsd team spend that time
facilitating the process of getting 2.0(1.7?) out the door.

Barring that, I suggest that our new mascot be an *invisible* daemon, so
we won't offend too many blithering religious idiots.

Ezra

Luke Mewburn wrote:
> Judgment criteria
>
> The new logo shall meet the following requirements:
>     *	Due to the issues identified above, the current NetBSD
> 	daemon character cannot be used.
[...]