Subject: Re: ath driver - TX power settings
To: Wojciech Puchar <wojtek@tensor.3miasto.net>
From: David Young <dyoung@pobox.com>
List: current-users
Date: 01/14/2004 11:29:28
On Wed, Jan 14, 2004 at 11:50:26AM +0100, Wojciech Puchar wrote:
> i found such fragments:
>
> first sets 0x20 as power output level second sets 60 (=0x3C).

Mmmm, magic numbers.

> is there any description for how this numbers translates to dBm?

I am pretty sure that the resolution is .5dB. I don't know if the
reference is 1mW or not.

> is there any interface already done in NetBSD 802.11 routines to set power
> output through ifconfig/wiconfig or should i add something.

I designed an API for this a long time ago. See the description on
tech-net.

> what are antenna and flags numbers?

Antenna: which antenna to transmit on. Flags: who knows?

> finally - is there athhal-elf.o somewhere documented?

Not that I know of.

For some of these questions, Sam Leffler probably has answers.

Dave