Subject: Re: ffs compatibility added, fsck may complain
To: None <current-users@netbsd.org>
From: Geoff Wing <mason@primenet.com.au>
List: current-users
Date: 01/12/2004 01:15:13
Perry E. Metzger <perry@piermont.com> typed:
: Actually, it is fsck_ffs. I just found that out the hard way hitting
: my head against the wall because fsck doesn't have an -b option.

I did too (chucking in some extra "/sbin/fsck -b 32" type lines into the
top of /etc/rc blew up on me).  And you can't rely on it being at block 32,
e.g. some of mine were at block 64 for FFSs with other size blocks & frags.

: Is there any way to either get the kernel to fix this for you during
: boot, or to provide a way to fix it in advance so that fsck doesn't
: fail during reboot? This is actually pretty important.

Seconded.

Regards,
Geoff