Subject: Re: ffs compatibility added, fsck may complain
To: Darrin B. Jewell <dbj@netbsd.org>
From: walt <wa1ter@myrealbox.com>
List: current-users
Date: 01/10/2004 20:56:47
Darrin B. Jewell wrote:
> I added the following to src/UPDATING
>
> 20040109:
>         Compatibility for old ffs superblock layouts has been
>         added, and the restrictive fsck checks have been reenabled
>         when using those layouts.  If you have been using -current
>         since 20030402, you may find that fsck again signals fatal
>         superblock mismatches.  To work around, you can use
>         fsck -b 32 to restore an alternate superblock.

This worked fine one one -current machine, but on my other very
similar i386 box I got a 'floating-point exception' error from fsck.

I have no idea why the two machines are behaving differently -- I'm
rebuilding the problem system now, but both systems compiled cleanly
earlier today.  There should really be no difference between them.