Subject: Re: cross-building xsrc with src/x11
To: None <current-users@NetBSD.org>
From: Greywolf <greywolf@starwolf.com>
List: current-users
Date: 01/08/2004 10:33:30
Thus spake Luke Mewburn ("LM> ") sometime Today...

LM> To enable, set the following mk.conf(5) variables:
LM> 	X11SRCDIR=/path/to/xsrc		# Defaults to "/usr/xsrc"
LM> 	MKX11=yes
LM>
LM> This will enable the building of src/x11 to ${DESTDIR}/usr/X11R6

This is very good news!

I have a question, though:  is the "X11R6" part set in stone, or can
it be modified?  I ask only because I dropped the R6 a long time ago,
since that was the convention when we were going through R3, R4, R5
at a couple places I worked (the X11/ dir was the stable one, while
X11R[N-1] was the old version (for legacy purposes) and X11R[N+1] was
the release we just got in and were testing).

[I hear of some folks who just call it /usr/X, or just /X, too.]

LM> when performing "build", "distribution" or supersets of these.
LM> MKX11=yes also enables building of the X sets in "sets" and "release".
LM>
LM>
LM> Thanks to Tyler Retzlaff <rtr@NetBSD.org> for converting most of the
LM> X servers and finishing off what I started.

Thank you, RTR and Luke!

				--*greywolf;
--
NetBSD: The Last Bastion of the true UNIX Religion.