Subject: Re: athhal-elf.o - ETSI version
To: Wojciech Puchar <wojtek@tensor.3miasto.net>
From: Sam Leffler <sam@errno.com>
List: current-users
Date: 01/03/2004 19:36:05
On Saturday 03 January 2004 05:57 pm, Wojciech Puchar wrote:
> > > From: current-users-owner@NetBSD.org Behalf Of Wojciech Puchar
> > >
> > > where can i find this ? i searched www.atheros.com without success
> >
> > What does "ETSI version" mean?
>
> allowing european frequency range, not american (FCC) - mostly 5.4-5.7Ghz

There is no "ETSI version"; the hal includes knowledge of all supported
regulatory domains and sets the allowed channel set and tx powers based on
the domain found in the EEPROM of your card.  If you find yourself unable to
use channels you want send me the regulatory domain and I'll check the
settings.  I recall there were some complaints about ETSI not being properly
supported; I'm in the process of updating the hal with more recent regdomain
data.

	Sam