Subject: Re: RAID over satalink SATA disks: poor performances
To: None <derek0godfrey@netscape.net>
From: Sebastien Erard <sebastien_erard@hotmail.com>
List: current-users
Date: 12/29/2003 22:07:12
I'm ok with the fact that the disks are certainly PATA
with a SATA bridge. Ok also for the PDI bus limitations.
But with one active disk I have 20MB/s, and with two
doing some "complex" operations (file system, not dd) it
drops to 1MB/s. Master and slave on a PATA controller
can even do better! The same setup on the ICH5 SATA
controller works as expected in RAID-0 (with raidframe).

Sebastien