Subject: 1.62G floppy/ftp install can't see cdrom
To: None <current-users@netbsd.org>
From: Mark Bonitatebus <mbonitat@optonline.net>
List: current-users
Date: 12/25/2003 20:33:45
Just finished a current(12/14) floppy ftp install on an i386.  Everything works fine I
can get out to the internet, I am part of my local lan etc.  I noticed that my cdrom is
not in dmesg and when I try to mount a cd I get this message mount: cannot open
`/dev/cd0a': Device not configured.  One of the things I did was reboot with the
floppy disks and went through the install up to the point where I told the machine to
reboot hoping that it would see the cdrom drive.  Netbsd 1.6.1 used to run fine the
only thing I did different was to do a current install with ftp and floppy disks.  Did I
do something wrong?  Any help on this would be appreciated thanks Mark