Subject: Re: BREAKING NEWS - "Offending Code" Specified (LinuxWorld)(Printview)
To: NetBSD current list <current-users@netbsd.org>
From: William Allen Simpson <wsimpson@greendragon.com>
List: current-users
Date: 12/24/2003 07:10:06
As a followup, I just don't see the DMCA "copyright management
information" claim, but I'm sure the lawyers will argue, somehow.
This information is never "conveyed" in a binary interface.

(c) Definition. -  As used in this section, the term ''copyright
management information'' means any of the following information conveyed
in connection with copies or phonorecords of a work or performances or
displays of a work, including in digital form, except that such term does
not include any personally identifying information about a user of a work
or of a copy, phonorecord, performance, or display of a work:

 (1) The title and other information identifying the work, including the
information set forth on a notice of copyright.

 (2) The name of, and other identifying information about, the author of
a work.

 (3) The name of, and other identifying information about, the copyright
owner of the work, including the information set forth in a notice of
copyright.

 (4) ...

--
William Allen Simpson