Subject: Re: Build failure in -current
To: Frederick Bruckman <fredb@immanent.net>
From: Ed Gould <ed@left.wing.org>
List: current-users
Date: 12/21/2003 11:22:53
> I guess "/usr/src/current" is where the source is? Try moving the
> source to "/usr/src/current/src" -- any subdirectory called "obj"
> is special. If that's the problem, this issue has arisen before:
> PR bin/238212 is only the latest formal complaint about that.

I looked for that PR and didn't find it (typo in number?), but I don't
think that's the problem.  The source is in /usr/src/current/src, but
the build is being done from /usr/src, which contains symlinks to the
the subdirectories of current/src.  There are no symlinks to the obj,
build or tools directories in /usr/src/current, where the build is
directing its output.  That is to say, there is no obj subdirectory in
the directory where the build is running.

Matt Thomas asked about the -d and -P flags to cvs update, which I
believe I had been using (they're in my .cvsrc), but I re-ran the
update with the flags specified explicitly, and I'm running another
build to test that theory.  (It takes about an hour before the build
falls over.)

	--Ed