Subject: Re: is agp supported on motherboard ASUS A7N8X deluxe ?
To: Frank van der Linden <fvdl@netbsd.org>
From: Brian A. Seklecki <lavalamp@spiritual-machines.org>
List: current-users
Date: 12/07/2003 22:22:14
If we ever want to get 3D accellerated drivers from NVidia, we will
probably need an AGP/AGPGART API such as the one in the Linux kernel;
or perhaps linux emul code.  I don't know about ATI's cards.

What about BSD DRI? FreeBSD?

The point is, you probably need to have some interface to AGP to be
able to read/write configuration values like AGP rates (1x, 2x, 3x).

All of this works in linux already with both nvidia(4) binary/
proprietary and nv(4) drivers.

I know all this may seem frivilous, but as a workstation user it's a
concern of mine I tend to voice.  XFree86's nv(4) runs like trash on my
Asus P4G8X delux and my Asus TI-4200(128 meg?) card -- no AGP8x
accelleration, no OpenGL. It's intollerable behavior on the part of
Video card / motherboard vendors.

-lava