Subject: Re: is agp supported on motherboard ASUS A7N8X deluxe ?
To: None <current-users@netbsd.org>
From: Soren Jacobsen <snj@pobox.com>
List: current-users
Date: 12/07/2003 09:28:58
On 12/07 15:26, Florence HENRY wrote:
> I recently read on the current-users mailing list archive that the ASUS
> A7N8X deluxe motherboard was partially working fine. (see the message :
> http://mail-index.netbsd.org/current-users/2003/01/17/0005.html)
>
> I'm especially interested in the agp bus. when the message was posted
> (january 17), it wasn(t supported :
> agp at pchb0 not configured
>
> So, does the agp bus on this motherboard is currently supported ? Knowing
> this would prevent myself to make a useless buy...

Well, what do you need out of it? The agp driver does not support the
chipset on that motherboard. However, you can still use video cards that
are in your agp slot.

> More generally speaking, what is the current status of this motherboard ?
> what is working, and what is not ?

I don't have the deluxe model, so I don't know if there are any
important subtle differences between them, but the onboard sound support
is great, and IDE works well (through viaide). You'll only be able to
use one of the onboard NICs.