Subject: Re: Intel SATA RAID
To: Jason Thorpe <thorpej@wasabisystems.com>
From: Manuel Bouyer <bouyer@antioche.eu.org>
List: current-users
Date: 12/06/2003 23:16:17
On Sat, Dec 06, 2003 at 11:20:15AM -0800, Jason Thorpe wrote:
> I don't think this patch is correct, for a couple of reasons:
>
> 	* Do you know if this SATA controller is actually based on the
> 	  i31244 SATA chip (Artisea)?  If it is not, then you should not
> 	  be using artisea_chip_map.

From the ICH5/5R datasheet, the registers are the same for 82801EB and ER,
and 82801EB is already using artisea_chip_map().

> 	* If you're using artisea_chip_map, then why did you add cases for
> 	  the 82801ER in the piixide channel setup routine?

Note that I didn't commit this part, I assumed it was a left over from an
attempt to make it work with piixide_chip_map instead of artisea_chip_map

The parallel IDE controller on the ICH5/5R are identical (and use the
same device ID).

--
Manuel Bouyer <bouyer@antioche.eu.org>