Subject: Re: CVS commit: src/dist/bind
To: None <current-users@NetBSD.org>
From: Soren Jacobsen <snj@pobox.com>
List: current-users
Date: 12/02/2003 20:26:02
On 12/02 22:26, Perry E. Metzger wrote:

> Chuck Yerkes <chuck+nbsd@2003.snew.com> writes:
> > Which leaves me with "why is BIND 8 still part of NetBSD?"
>
> I think it is partially because the work just hasn't been done yet.

I was under the impression that we didn't want it yet. From doc/3RDPARTY:

Package:        bind/named
Version:        8.3.6
Current Vers:   4.9.11/8.3.6/8.4.1/9.2.2
Maintainer:     Paul Vixie <vixie@vix.com>
Archive Site:   ftp://ftp.isc.org/isc/bind/
Mailing List:
Responsible:    vixie, itojun
Notes:
bind2netbsd script to import into src/dist/bind.
The Makefiles in src/usr.sbin/bind are not handled by the script.
do not try to use libc resolver from src/usr.sbin/bind, it adds
too much constraint between bind and libc, as well as problem with
_res declaration differences.  DNSSEC portion is disabled.
On switching to BIND9: waiting for the release of 9.3.x, as 9.2.x has
some issues (A6 queries for glue, for instance).

Hmm, someone should update that, seeing as we have 8.3.7, not .6.