Subject: Filesystem partially corrupted(?)
To: None <current-users@NetBSD.ORG>
From: Christian Biere <christianbiere@gmx.de>
List: current-users
Date: 11/27/2003 23:25:01
--MGYHOYXEY6WxJCY8

Hi,

while experimenting with a read-only / I had to go to single-user mode
during the boot phase. I fixed the problem - whatever it was - and hit
control-D. Next, I saw the usual boot message and suddenly a couple of
lines saying:

Shared object "<control characters>putchar" not found

I found out that these lines come from mixerctl. The file is obviously
corrupted. It's not just the RPATH. Even if I fix the RPATH, it's
asking for weird non-existent objects.
The only not quite satisfying explanation I have is that I might
have skipped fsck although the system didn't shutdown before (just
a guess, I can't remember). Would that explain a corrupted file
in /usr/bin? The only write activity in that directory was about
2 days ago when I chflags'ed the directory and all files in it to
uchg,uschg.

Unfortunately, I don't keep checksums of all (static) files at the
moment, so I can't tell what else might be damaged.
--=20
Christian

--MGYHOYXEY6WxJCY8

--MGYHOYXEY6WxJCY8--