Subject: DWL-520
To: None <current-users@NetBSD.org>
From: Michael Hertrick <m.hertrick@neovera.com>
List: current-users
Date: 11/26/2003 00:50:49
    Stores around here are once again is carrying the plain old
DWL-520's based on the Prism2.5 chipset, cheap too.  So I picked one up
this evening, to replace my 520+ abomination, and tried using it on
-current.

Has anyone successfully used a late-model DWL-520 with -current?  If so,
then there's a good chance I've got a bad card.  If not, then I'll
continue troubleshooting my problem.... which, by the way, is :

wi0 at pci0 dev 11 function 0:  Intersil Prism2.5 Wireless Lan
wi0:  interrupting at irq 5
wi0:  PCI reset timed out
wi0:  wi_cmd: busy bit won't clear
wi0:  wi_cmd: busy bit won't clear
wi0:  wi_cmd: busy bit won't clear
wi0:  wi_cmd: busy bit won't clear
wi0:  wi_cmd: busy bit won't clear
wi0:  init failed
wi0:  failed to attach controller

I've tried increasing the reset timeout from 2 seconds to 6, but that
didn't help anything.  I even removed all the PCI cards except my IDE
controller and tried the 520 in all the other slots, to no avail.  I
guess it's time to do some exhaustive kernel debugging  :-( .

BTW, I say "late-model" only because for all I know the card was
recently manufactured and, if so, could differ slightly from the older
cards.

Thanks,
Mike.