Subject: Re: current on vax, problems
To: Luke Mewburn <lukem@NetBSD.org>
From: Johnny Billquist <bqt@update.uu.se>
List: current-users
Date: 11/20/2003 15:58:57
On Thu, 20 Nov 2003, Luke Mewburn wrote:

> On Wed, Nov 19, 2003 at 09:45:02PM +0100, Johnny Billquist wrote:
>   | If TOOLDIR is set, the building of the tools tries to use one or two
>   | binaries from the tools. Since they don't exist yet for you, that's why
>   | you get that error.
>
> This is simply not correct; I regularly perform builds with something
> like this:

Well, I can show you that it is what happens. I really think it shouldn't
behave that way, but it *does*. Believe me.
If I remember correctly, it's nbstat that is the program called time and
again.
Maybe it's only when you build natively on a VAX. What do I know. I can
just see that it tries it, and don't find it.

Maybe it's if you run build.sh build that you get hit.

	Johnny