Subject: Re: CVS commit: src/distrib/utils/sysinst
To: None <current-users@netbsd.org>
From: David Laight <david@l8s.co.uk>
List: current-users
Date: 11/20/2003 12:08:13
On Thu, Nov 20, 2003 at 05:23:51PM +0700, Robert Elz wrote:
>     Date:        Thu, 20 Nov 2003 09:47:53 +0000 (UTC)
>     From:        David Laight <dsl@NetBSD.org>
>
>   | (Maybe the size of /tmp should be capped by that of swap.)
>
> No, then you couldn't use a MFS /tmp without swap space, which is
> an entirely reasonable thing to do on systems with sufficient RAM
> (and perhaps no writable disc at all - though you wouldn't be running
> sysinst on one of those).

Remember this is sysinst trying not to let you shoot yourself in the
foot too easily.  This particular menu is there to make life easy.

> I didn't check the patch (yet), but I assume that the test for this is
> just "type == MFS" with no relationship to /tmp - it is entirely
> reasonable to have /tmp on a real partition (of its own), and /var/run
> in a MFS...

That menu won't let you set the filesystem type, just sizes and mountpoints.
So the the question about other mfs filesystems is moot.

sysinst would need some slight tweaks to allow other mfs filesystems
to be allocated.

	David

--
David Laight: david@l8s.co.uk