Subject: Re: build.sh environment, where to put ?
To: emanuel stiebler <emu@ecubics.com>
From: Jaromir Dolecek <jdolecek@NetBSD.org>
List: current-users
Date: 11/19/2003 18:06:24
emanuel stiebler wrote:
> Hi all,
> I usually put all my variables (DESTDIR, BSDOBJDIR,TOOLDIR) in my .cshrc
> startup.

You MUST specify the values using build.sh parameters, i.e.
-D for destdir, -T for tooldir. You shouldn't set them
/etc/mk.conf or environment - that could cause hard-to-track
compile problems.

As an exception, BSDOBJDIR can be set in /etc/mk.conf, unless
you use build.sh -M or -O.

Jaromir
-=- We should be mindful of the potential goal, but as the Buddhist -=-
-=- masters say, ``You may notice during meditation that you        -=-
-=- sometimes levitate or glow.   Do not let this distract you.''   -=-