Subject: Change to bridging? (was Re: IPF and ssh
To: None <current-users@NetBSD.org>
From: Rob Quinn <rquinn@sec.sprint.net>
List: current-users
Date: 11/17/2003 15:26:08
> I have a ipf based firewall, I have the rule [...]  However when I try to
> connect to the machine the connection is blocked and I get the following line
> in the firewall log.

 Gee... now the same thing is happening to me.  Or happened.

> 17/11/2003 15:44:18.943806 ex2 @0:19 b 10.169.6.226,22 ->
> 10.32.160.78,34502 PR tcp len 20 552 -A IN

 I too dropped an ACK on an unexpected interface.  It started as soon as I
enabled bridging, which I haven't done for months.  I couldn't get anything to
work, with or without ipf, until I moved my bridge onto some new interfaces and
took my firewall's management interface (the only interface with an IP) out of
the bridge.  I don't recall a restiction like this before.  Did something
change within the last few months?