Subject: cvspserver uid
To: None <current-users@netbsd.org>
From: Shoichi Miyake <smi@sm.sony.co.jp>
List: current-users
Date: 11/17/2003 14:33:36
Hello,

I'd like to ask something about netbsd-current cvs server's behaviour.

I've updated my cvs server from 1.6U to 1.6ZE(around Oct 29), and
found a difference on cvs pserver behaviour.
(It's i386 port.)

I've found that now my cvs server invoked via inetd (cvspserver) runs
as root always (before updating, I think it was the uid which was
logged in via pserver), and ,v files are owned by root by commiting a
file.

And if I use some script which send a mail to notify commit through
CVSROOT/loginfo, those mails becomes 'from root'.

Using ssh to connect to this cvs server doesn't have such problems.

Does anyone experienced the symptom like this ?
I wonder if this is my fault...? Or now It's normal behaviour ?

Any help would be appreciated, Thank you.

Best Regards,
Shoichi Miyake