Subject: native threads and openldap issues
To: None <current-users@netbsd.org>
From: Murray Armfield <murray@river-styx.org>
List: current-users
Date: 11/13/2003 19:14:34
Hi Folks,
    Just a quick one. Been using ~current on i386 for changes keeping up
to date pretty regularly and I like to use openldap (but not on
current). I have noticed that the openldap pkg from pkgsrc works fine
under NetBSD-1.6.1 with pkgsrc/devel/pth as a threading library, but
fails a lot under ~current, still to this day. I searched the pr
database and mailing list archives and found no mention of any issues.
	So I was wondering if the folks working around any of this know about it?
Just try executing slapindex to get quite a verbose libpthread invalid
mutex message. slapd still core dumps on shutdown. Didn't want to file a
PR if someone is aware of this stuff, or I've missed something.

Really appreciating all the great work.

Take care,
	Murray Armfield