Subject: Re: USB Memeory Stick
To: None <current-users@NetBSD.org>
From: Alan Barrett <apb@cequrux.com>
List: current-users
Date: 11/12/2003 10:59:14
On Wed, 12 Nov 2003, tbo wrote:
> I've a problem with a USB memory stick (kernel 1.6ZE from yesterday,
> i386).  The kernel finds it, the scsi subsystem find it and an fdisk
> sd0 also works and shows a msdos partition. But when I try to mount
> it, I get an 'unconfigured device' error. Do I need a disklabel for
> the stick? How can I mount it?

The in-memory fake disklabel should be good enough.  Are you sure that
you were trying to mount the correct partition?  On NetBSD/i386, the
MS-DOS partition (at the fdisk level) is likely to be seen as the "e"
partition (at the disklabel level).

If "disklabel sd0" doesn't report anything useful, then try "mbrlabel
sd0".

--apb (Alan Barrett)