Subject: wi driver / signal quality
To: Current Users <current-users@NetBSD.ORG>
From: Jukka Marin <jmarin@embedtronics.fi>
List: current-users
Date: 11/11/2003 16:07:16
Hi,

We are using the NetBSD wi driver on a few NetBSD machines and have also
"ported" it to our embedded OS.  The driver works (uses quite some CPU
though) but the signal quality information doesn't seem to work.  On some
systems (with Lucent wi cards) wiconfig always says:

Comms quality/signal/noise:             [ 0 27 27 ]

On my laptop and an embedded box with a D-Link card we constantly get

Comms quality/signal/noise:             [ 0 81 27 ]

Is this feature supposed to work?  Is there any way of finding out the
real signal strength?

I think my laptop displays the signal strength under XP (but I'm not
sure if the values are correct).

Thanks!

  -jm