Subject: checkflist error codes
To: NetBSD current list <current-users@netbsd.org>
From: William Allen Simpson <wsimpson@greendragon.com>
List: current-users
Date: 11/05/2003 11:30:58
The most annoying problem with checkflist is that it aborts the build.sh
process when there are extra files in the destdir.  Is there any reason
why?

I can understand that it should abort on *missing* files.  That catches
things like the postinstall obsolete problem I've highlighted in
another thread.

But I would prefer that extra files would just quietly warn, and let
the process complete.

This might also fix the complaint that KRE had, for his ingenious method
where he adds a number of operational files to test the new build as a
separate entity before installing.

Is there already a PR on this?
--
William Allen Simpson