Subject: openssl performance changes!
To: NetBSD current list <current-users@netbsd.org>
From: William Allen Simpson <wsimpson@greendragon.com>
List: current-users
Date: 11/05/2003 01:19:26
A month ago, I noticed that OpenSSL applications had drastically slowed
from July to October -- 30% to 300%, depending on the size of the big
numbers being tested.

I was not able to find serious differences in the .c code.

Today, after several hours on the phone (long distance), Perry Metzger
had an epiphany.  The reason that I couldn't find differences in .c --
some i386 assembly code files had been deleted (July 24).

I don't know whether this applies to other platforms, such as Alpha,
that also have/had asm code in openssl.

I'm still compiling, but I thought any i386 folks would want a heads up.
You'll want to update your -current ASAP!!!

Thank you, Perry!
--
William Allen Simpson