Subject: Re: postinstall obsolete versus checkflist
To: NetBSD current list <current-users@NetBSD.org>
From: William Allen Simpson <wsimpson@greendragon.com>
List: current-users
Date: 11/04/2003 08:59:56
Jaromir Dolecek wrote:

> William Allen Simpson wrote:
> > > Thank you, but obviously not at the same time as flist.  Need a better
> > > method to coordinate generation of flist and obsolete.mi, so that the
> > > same update fixes both....
> >
> > And sure enough, now there's a problem in the opposite direction.  I'm
> > wondering whether folks checking in always build and test first?
>
> There were some new files added. Do you have up-to-date
> src/distrib/sets/lists/ ?

I have an up-to-date flist and obsolete.mi of exactly the same time
that `cvs -q update -dP` put them in the src tree.

This proves my point -- the two lists need to be better coordinated.
The build process depends upon it.

That somebody may or may not have fixed the problems several hours (or
a day or two) later is beside the point.

Folks are checking in changes without running build.sh to ensure that
everything works for everybody else.
--
William Allen Simpson