Subject: Re: COMPAT_DARWIN status
To: Christos Zoulas <christos@zoulas.com>
From: Emmanuel Dreyfus <manu@netbsd.org>
List: current-users
Date: 11/03/2003 07:27:06
> > The real target now is MacOS X's WindowServer.
> How much more work do you thing it will be for windowserver?

No idea yet. I'm implementing more and more of the Mach API for
WindowServer, I have no idea where it will stop. If someone wants to
help, there are a lot of test programs to write. For example, the last
undocumented call is vm_make_memory_entry. It seems to create a memory
range named by a Mach port. You could share the memory range by
exchanging rights to the port between processes. ISn't that cool?

On the IOKit front, I'm not sure work is over, since there is one
difference between XDarwin and WindowServer: XDarwin maps the
framebuffer, WindowServer maps the VRAM. What scares me a bit is that I
don't know the difference between those. Any idea?

--
Emmanuel Dreyfus
Il y a 10 sortes de personnes dans le monde: ceux qui comprennent