Subject: Re: NOTE: ACPI update
To: Peter Seebach <seebs@plethora.net>
From: Alistair Crooks <agc@wasabisystems.com>
List: current-users
Date: 10/31/2003 23:43:19
On Fri, Oct 31, 2003 at 03:16:12PM -0600, Peter Seebach wrote:
> In message <200310312114.46988.abuse@spamalicious.com>, "Charles M. Hannum" wri
> tes:
> >I've imported the latest version of the ACPI-CA from Intel.  This, plus some
> >bug fixes from me and Christos, should make ACPI work much more reliably on
> >many systems.
> >
> >Even if you were already successfully running ACPI, please retest with the new
> >version and confirm whether or not it works.
> >
> >I can personally vouch that it works on a Dell Inspiron 8500 laptop, correctly
> >reporting battery and thermal data.  :-)
>
> Is there any support for things like xbattbar yet?  I was thinking at one
> point that an "acpiapm" driver, which supports APM calls for old software,
> would be awfully useful.

I added support for ACPI to xbattbar on October 19th:

revision 1.5
date: 2003/10/19 09:25:02;  author: agc;  state: Exp;  lines: +2 -2
Update xbattbar to 1.4.2nb3 by adding support for ACPI - if APM
doesn't work, try to use ACPI to get the battery charge value, and AC
charging switch.

Known to work on my Sony VAIO (PCG-GRX315MP) with ACPI, and with thanks to:
        Lubomir Sedlacik for testing on an IBM T22 with ACPI
        Manuel Bouyer for testing on an IBM Thinkpad 600e with APM, and
        Brian A. Seklecki for testing on a Sony PCG-R505

Regards,
Alistair