Subject: Re: uvm_swapout_threads panic
To: None <current-users@NetBSD.org>
From: Ian Fry <Ian.Fry@sophos.com>
List: current-users
Date: 10/30/2003 11:35:31
On Thu, Oct 30, 2003 at 09:52:20AM +0100, Thomas Klausner wrote:
> Two days ago I had a panic with a 1.6ZC-Sep23/i386 in
> uvm_fault
> kernel: page fault trap, code=0
> Stopped in pid 13.1 (pagedaemon) at netbsd:uvm_swapout_threads+0x7f
> estl $0x2200,0x2c(%eax)
>
> tr/u:
> uvm_swapout_threads
> uvmpd_scan
> uvm_pageout

I had something similar yesterday:

(gdb) target kcore netbsd.2.core
panic: trap
#0  0x00000001 in ?? ()
(gdb) bt
#0  0x00000001 in ?? ()
#1  0xc0274233 in cpu_reboot ()
#2  0xc020a150 in panic ()
#3  0xc027d964 in trap ()
#4  0xc0102da3 in calltrap ()
#5  0xc022a81e in vfs_shutdown ()
#6  0xc0274247 in cpu_reboot ()
#7  0xc020a150 in panic ()
#8  0xc027d964 in trap ()
#9  0xc0102da3 in calltrap ()
#10 0xc0269d49 in uvmpd_scan ()
#11 0xc026951a in uvm_pageout ()

Unfortunately, this kernel doesn't have DEBUG or DIAGNOSTIC, so that's all
the information I have.

> When I tried dumping a core, I got another fault.

I think I've had this twice now, the first time, the machine rebooted, but
didn't produce a crash dump, the second time, I got a dump. I'm going to
build a DIAGNOSTIC enabled kernel and see if I can get any more
information.

Ian.