Subject: Re: build breaks w/ read-only sources
To: James Chacon <jmc@NetBSD.org>
From: Kazushi (Jam) Marukawa <jam@pobox.com>
List: current-users
Date: 10/29/2003 20:23:04
   On Oct 29, 16:17, James Chacon wrote:
   > Subject: Re: build breaks w/ read-only sources
   > On Wed, Oct 29, 2003 at 05:01:25PM -0500, William Allen Simpson wrote:
   > > I wish that -O would mkdir the objdir when it doesn't exist.  That was
   > > always a problem with 'make build', after rm'ing an old objdir and
   > > forgetting to mkdir a new one (or forgetting on a new install), the src
   > > tree got polluted.
   >
   > It does by default. Unless you specify -o.

In curious, does -O work at all?

When I did "./build.sh -O /usr/obj -U release", it made only
/usr/obj directory.  After that, make program compiled
everything in each source directory.  It even didn't make
obj directory in each source directory.

I'm using "./build.sh -M /usr/obj -U release" for now.  It
makes directory like "/usr/obj/mnt/raid/usr/src/..." but at
least it works.

If -O is working fine on other environments, I'd like to
know why it doesn't work on my environment.  I'm using 1.6ZC
compiled few days ago.  What should I check?  Thanks.

-- Kazushi