Subject: Re: build breaks w/ read-only sources
To: None <current-users@NetBSD.org>
From: William Allen Simpson <wsimpson@greendragon.com>
List: current-users
Date: 10/29/2003 17:01:25
David Young wrote:

> On Wed, Oct 29, 2003 at 11:02:37AM -0600, David Young wrote:
> > Building w/ read-only sources breaks while building the tools.
> > Should that be echo /u1/dyoung/scratch-cuw/T > ${OBJDIR}/PREVIOUSTOOLDIR ?
>
> I think that the problem was that I was using ./build.sh -O objdir -o,
> but my objdir was empty. I am surprised that the build does not bomb
> the first time it tries to cd to a missing objdir.

I wish that -O would mkdir the objdir when it doesn't exist.  That was
always a problem with 'make build', after rm'ing an old objdir and
forgetting to mkdir a new one (or forgetting on a new install), the src
tree got polluted.

I thought that -T will mkdir the tooldir?  Consistency would be nice.

--
William Allen Simpson