Subject: Re: Question about DESTDIR, build.sh, mk.conf, and pkgsrc
To: Lubomir Sedlacik <salo@Xtrmntr.org>
From: Kazushi (Jam) Marukawa <jam@pobox.com>
List: current-users
Date: 10/29/2003 14:54:11
   On Oct 29, 10:24, Lubomir Sedlacik wrote:
   > Subject: Re: Question about DESTDIR, build.sh, mk.conf, and pkgsrc
   > you should enclose all pkgsrc settings in /etc/mk.conf in:
   >
   > .ifdef BSD_PKG_MK
   > [ pkgsrc related settings ]
   > .else
   > [ other settings ]
   > .endif

Thanks for this tip.  I didn't know it.  It worked as what I
expected.

I think it is better to use different method to
differentiate the DESTDIR for pkgsrc from the DESTDIR for
build.sh because the default values for them are different
(pkgsrc uses / and build.sh uses /usr/src/obj).  Above tip
is a good trick but not straight forward way, I think.  I'll
send-pr my thought.

-- Kazushi