Subject: Re: CVS commit: src/sys/net80211
To: None <current-users@netbsd.org>
From: Kurt Schreiner <ks@ub.uni-mainz.de>
List: current-users
Date: 10/29/2003 16:02:18
Hi,

just another datapoint: I'm using 2 Lucent Orinoco Gold cards, one
in an alpha multia runing some oldish -currend and the other one in my
notebook. Both are configured something like this:

ifconfig wi0 inet <hostname-wi0> netmask 0xffffff00 broadcast 10.7.177.255 \
	 nwid KEKS_at_Home nwkey ThisKey13Byte media autoselect \
	 mediaopt adhoc

This setup did work flowlessly until the switching to netieee802.
Booting a (current ;-) -current kernel on the notebook, I can get no
connection to the alpha, but I can "see" all packets on the wlan using
tcpdump or ethereal: between the alpha and the (w2k-) notebook of my
wife, ping from alpha to my notebook (but no answer) etc. Outgoing
packets (ping) from notebook to alpha are shown by tcpdump and
ethereal on the notebook, but not on the alpha. (Haven't tried to get
the Windoof thingy doing ethernet monitoring.)

If I can help by testing patches etc., just mail me.

Kurt