Subject: Re: ide drive not detected
To: Jukka Andberg <jandberg@NetBSD.org>
From: Mike Pumford <mpumford@black-star.demon.co.uk>
List: current-users
Date: 10/27/2003 21:52:10
On Mon, 27 Oct 2003 21:53:35 +0200 (EET)
Jukka Andberg <jandberg@NetBSD.org> wrote:

> It is told that on Oct 27, "mpumford@black-star.demon.co.uk" wrote
> thus:

> > If this works for you it looks like Quantum Fireball EX drives are
> > not quite following the ATA spec.
>
> You're right, removing those lines makes the drive reappear.
>
> This "er0" seems to have value of zero for me, whatever that means.

Thats exactly the same as mine. According to the ATA specs I could find
on the web that result after a reset indicates no devices present. Prior
to revision 1.131 in CVS. Prior to that NetBSD didn't check the error
register at all when resetting the bus.

Unless some other cause for the failure of these drives can be found I
think this check needs to be removed for now.

Mike