Subject: updating to current --help needed.
To: None <current-users@netbsd.org>
From: Pritesh <shahpritesh_email@excite.com>
List: current-users
Date: 10/24/2003 20:07:18
hi,

I am trying to update my system from the NetBSD-1.6.1 to NetBSD-current.
These are the steps that that i am following which i found at http://www.netbsd.org/Documentation/current/ .

Now I have downloaded all the current-sources  from ftp://ftp.NetBSD.org/pub/NetBSD/NetBSD-current/tar_files/src/
and are under /usr/src. I also finished building the tool chain using
./build.sh tools.
Then i used the following commands as mentioned in the website.
./build.sh kernel=GENERIC
mv /netbsd /onetbsd
mv sys/arch/<ARCH>/compile/GENERIC/netbsd /
Reboot into the new kernel.

This is where i am facing problems. When i do it for the first time its working fine, and allows me to get in asks for login and password, but if i reboot it again it gives:

Starting file system checks:
/dev/rwd0a: BAD SUPER BLOCK: VALUES IN SUPER BLOCK DISAGREE WITH THOSE IN FIRST ALTERNATE

/dev/rwd0a: UNEXPECTED INCONSISTENCY; RUN fsck_ffs MANUALLY.
Automatic file system check failed; help!

init: /bin/sh on /etc/rc terminated abnormally, going to single user mode
Enter pathname of shell or RETURN for sh:

I ran the fsck_ffs manually. and reboot it for the first time after running the fsck_ffs, its working fine, but on a second reboot its failing.
It would be great if someone can help me out.

Thanks
Pritesh

Join Excite! - http://www.excite.com