Subject: Re: Todays sparc/sparc64 build.sh failure
To: None <current-users@netbsd.org>
From: Sean Davis <dive-nb@endersgame.net>
List: current-users
Date: 10/24/2003 12:43:26
On Fri, Oct 24, 2003 at 10:45:28AM +0200, Juergen Hannken-Illjes wrote:
> >From a recent cross build while linking in src/gnu/usr.bin/gdb53/gdb:

It happens on a native sparc64 build, too. -current for i386 build just
fine, though, and -current for alpha is still building (but well past gnu/)
(all three builds were started at the same time, from the same source tree)

>     nbsd-thread.o: In function `nbsd_thread_fetch_registers':
>     nbsd-thread.o(.text+0x7c0): undefined reference to `supply_gregset'
>     nbsd-thread.o(.text+0x7c8): undefined reference to `supply_fpregset'
>     nbsd-thread.o: In function `nbsd_thread_store_registers':
>     nbsd-thread.o(.text+0x8dc): undefined reference to `fill_gregset'
>     nbsd-thread.o(.text+0x8e8): undefined reference to `fill_fpregset'
>
> The missing functions are in sparc-tdep.c but are protected by
>
>    #ifdef  USE_PROC_FS
>
> which seems to be undefined.
>
> --
> Juergen Hannken-Illjes - hannken@eis.cs.tu-bs.de - TU Braunschweig (Germany)

I wonder why it only happens to sparc/sparc64, and not i386 and alpha as
well? I don't know the guts of gdb, so the best I can do is look around a
bit...

-Sean

--
/~\ The ASCII