Subject: Re: libfreetype.so.8 & gnumeric
To: Bang Jun-Young <junyoung@NetBSD.ORG>
From: MLH <mlh@goathill.org>
List: current-users
Date: 10/23/2003 10:19:31

> On Wed, Oct 22, 2003 at 06:54:19PM -0500, MLH wrote:
> >
> > There is no libfreetype.so.8 on my system:
> > NetBSD 1.6ZD (APMLM) #0: Tue Oct 21 11:30:06 CDT 2003
> >
> > Why is gnumeric looking for it when libfreetype.so.9 exists?
> >
> > Nothing in the pkgsrc build directory that I could see specifically
> > looks for libfreetype.so.8. so where is this coming from?
>
> objdump -p /path/to/gnumeric | grep NEEDED
>
> or
>
> ldd /path/to/gnumeric
>
> might give you a clue.

I had already done that:

$ objdump -p /usr/pkg/bin/gnumeric | grep libfree
  NEEDED      libfreetype.so.9
$ ldd /usr/pkg/bin/gnumeric | grep libfree
         -lfreetype.9 => /usr/pkg/lib/libfreetype.so.9

I might suspect that some dependency is requesting libfreetype.so.8
somehow but the pkg system was built entirely in this same environment.

I tried rebuilding my pkg environment again, but pkgsrc appears
fairly hosed right now, at least for a newly-installed -current,
so not much chance of that.

Thanks