Subject: Re: ld: cannot find -liconv
To: None <current-users@netbsd.org>
From: Lubomir Sedlacik <salo@Xtrmntr.org>
List: current-users
Date: 10/23/2003 15:50:42
--s2lX4GznBIrto1wi

On Thu, Oct 23, 2003 at 03:37:53PM +0200, Michal 'hramrach' Suchanek
wrote:

> I cannot imagine how the package would link with iconv instead of
> libiconv since it insists on linking with the nonexistent library.
> Unless there is a bug either in the packages or in the buildlink
> script which prevents the correct linking.  Since I had to rebuild
> everything from glib up to satisfy the dependencies I doubt there was
> an obsolete package which specified the -liconv in its config script.

make sure your pkgsrc tree is up to date.

the older packages are built against libiconv, since there was no
iconv() in libc at that time.  they are still bringing their dependency
to the build and insist on using libiconv.

it's not a bug, it's called evolution.  this is -current after all.

regards,

--=20
-- Lubomir Sedlacik <salo@Xtrmntr.org>                   --
--                  <salo@silcnet.org>                   --