Subject: Re: i386 bootselector changes
To: Antti Kantee <pooka@iki.fi>
From: None <aliver@xexil.com>
List: current-users
Date: 10/21/2003 18:10:26
On Tue, 21 Oct 2003, Antti Kantee wrote:
> Not that I'm complaining.  Some excitement is always nice.

Not that there is anything dreadfully wrong with the NetBSD bootselector,
but you might want to give GRUB a try. I found that on my HP Sojourn
laptop, which has a hard disk in it that's larger than the BIOS supports,
that I could use GRUB to dual boot NetBSD and Win2k when Win2k was past
the 1024 cylinder boundry. For some odd reason, the NetBSD boot selector
wouldn't work in this case (but who knows, maybe I did something wrong).
My quick procedure for installing GRUB with NetBSD is at this URL:

http://xexil.com/netbsd/netbsd-grub.html

--

aliver