Subject: Re: NetBSD 1.6.1, FreeBSD 5 and OpenBSD and Linux 2.4/6 scalability
To: None <current-users@netbsd.org>
From: Oliver Tonnhofer <olt@bogosoft.com>
List: current-users
Date: 10/21/2003 10:54:38
Hi,

"Emre Yildirim" <ey@ieee.org> wrote:
> > bulk.fefe.de/scalability/
> Pretty interesting results.  The guy came down on OpenBSD a lot, but
> even I didn't
> expect it to perform that bad.  I wonder how NetBSD-current would have
> performed on those benchmarks.

He benchmarked NetBSD-current yesterday.
http://bulk.fefe.de/scalability/#newdata
Some benchmarks declined a bit, but the last and IMHO most important
'http-request-latency' benchmark comes close to Linux/FreeBSD.
(1.6/poll vs. 2.0/kqueue)

And he encountered a problem during the update:
"The upgrade build process did not run smoothly, the NetBSD crowd will
have to review that (e.g. I got a /usr/src/usr.bin/kqueue/kqueue/
directory from CVS, which the make clean run in build.sh tried to rm -f
(without -r), and that caused the whole build to abort)."

He didn't wrote when he checked-out the source, but it must be between
19. and 20. Oct.

PS: I'm not subscribed to the list.
~
Oliver