Subject: Re: Successful install of OpenOffice 1.1 release for linux
To: None <current-users@netbsd.org>
From: Martin Schmitz <martin-schmitz@web.de>
List: current-users
Date: 10/15/2003 17:20:44
David Brownlee <abs@netbsd.org> writes:

> On Tue, 14 Oct 2003, George Michaelson wrote:
>
>> I just successfully installed the linux 1.1 release on i386 current, with a
>> functional Linux /emul, including java.
>>
> [...]
>>
>> I think the port could be updated from 1.0.3 to 1.1.0 quite safely. I've cc'd
>> the port maintainer accordingly.
>
> 	Do you know if it works on 1.6.x? Last time I tried a 1.1beta
> 	version it didn't like 1.6.1 - almost certainly requiring the
> 	better linux emulation available in -current.

Hm, is there a trick or something special to recognize? I have tried
both versions (the one from pkgsrc an the new one) either on 1.6.1 and
-current and they don't startup.

The installation seems to work, but if I try to start, 'setup.bin'
hangs. /proc is mounted (I tried /proc and /emul/linux/proc - no
difference).

TIA,
Martin