Subject: Re: introducing ath(4) and the FreeBSD 802.11 layer
To: None <dyoung@pobox.com>
From: Jun-ichiro itojun Hagino <itojun@itojun.org>
List: current-users
Date: 10/14/2003 08:55:03
> I have just committed my port of FreeBSD's Atheros chipset driver,
> ath(4). The driver supports 802.11a/b/g multimode cards made by
> manufacturers such as D-Link and Linksys. Virtually every 802.11a radio
> manufactured today contains the Atheros chipset.

	thanks for the great work!  any plans on ath at cardbus? (or does
	"ath on pci" cover cardbus?)  IBM thinkpads use minipci atheros cards
	and it will be probed on cardbus. (i need to open it up and test
	to be sure)  wi* card on the same minipci slot is probed as below.

itojun

wi0 at pcmcia2 function 0: Dell, TrueMobile 1150 Series PC Card, Version 01.01
wi0: 802.11 address 00:02:2d:6c:db:f6
wi0: using Lucent Embedded WaveLAN/IEEE
wi0: Lucent Firmware: Station (8.10.1)
wi0: supported rates: 1Mbps 2Mbps 5.5Mbps 11Mbps