Subject: Re: vinum vs. cryptographic filesystem (cgd)
To: Michael Graff <explorer@flame.org>
From: Roland Dowdeswell <elric@imrryr.org>
List: current-users
Date: 10/13/2003 15:03:40
Michael Graff wrote:

>Also, is anyone using cgd in "clever" ways?  I'd love to see a USB
>dongle that I could pull from the machine and have access to disks
>vanish, but as long as I provided a key on powerup, would allow
>re-mounting disks.

Well, admittedly I haven't actually done it but the design allows
for that sort of behaviour.  If you store the paramsfile on a USB
dongle and have a storedkey in it, then it should not be too
difficult to write some scripts that DTRT when the dongle is pulled
in and out.

--
    Roland Dowdeswell                      http://www.Imrryr.ORG/~elric/