Subject: Re: an0: read record failed | an0: failed to attach controller
To: Atsushi Onoe <onoe@sm.sony.co.jp>
From: Brian A. Seklecki <lavalamp@spiritual-machines.org>
List: current-users
Date: 10/13/2003 13:11:00
> > > Firmware revision is: V5.02.19.
> >
> > It seems that the V5 firmware changed some of the size of the structure
> > (at least), which apparently the current driver doesn't support.
> > If you use the firmware V4.xx, it should work.

That's interesting.  It works fine with the old firmware!  I'll
send-pr(1) on this when I get a chance  (as there are lots of fixes in
the new firmware) -- and yes I checked, there isn't one already >:}.

Also interesting: Cisco provides source code to the Linux drivers for
these cards under the Mozilla license.  Isn't that odd? They also
provide an ACU binary (maybe we can code compatibility around whatever
kernel control mechanism it uses?)

-lava